Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) is required as part of the European Second Payment Services Directive (PSD2).
Nuggets goes beyond the baseline by applying Strong Customer Authentication to every payment, big or small tied to a verified digital identity.
SCA authentication requirements
Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) means you need authentication based on two or more elements. These may be:
- Knowledge – something only the user knows (like a password or PIN)
- Possession – something only the user possesses (like a phone or hardware token)
- Inherence – something the user is (like their fingerprint or face)
How Nuggets complies with SCA
Nuggets authenticates using the user’s verified identity and their biometrics – on every purchase.
- Inherence: Verified identity and device biometric fingerprint recognition
- Possession: Verified trusted device, app and identity via ownership of private key signing and verifying
- Beyond the baseline: biometrically verified identity, multi-factor authentication, private key, stored ID elements, and proof of good actor on every payment – big or small
By intrinsically linking identity and payment from the outset, Nuggets satisfies all the SCA requirements and ensures a frictionless customer journey.
Fully customisable. Easy to integrate. Cross-platform.
It’s easy to integrate Nuggets solutions and modules. They can be fully customised and white-labelled, and integrate easily with your existing products and services.
Nuggets is available on Android and iOS, desktop and multiplatform.GET IN TOUCH